The Lords and Ladies of Elsewhere
Unlike other D&D campaigns, the choices available to player characters are a little more strict. Not all race and class combinations are available, and some races are banned outright.
Players may choose among the following races:
- Lowborn (Wood Elf)
- Dwarf, Hill or Mountain
- Gnome, Rock or Forest
- Fiendblood (Tiefling)
- Coldblood (Dragonborn)
- Murkblood (Half-Orc)
The following classes are used in the setting, but racial restrictions apply:
Class choice is dependent on race; this is done to reflect the socially-stratified setting:
- A human, halfling, Fiendblood, Coldblood, half-elf, or Murkblood character can select barbarian, bard, cleric, druid, ranger, rogue, paladin, sorcerer, or warlock as their class, with some modifications.
- A gnome can select all of the above as their classes as well as wizard, with some modifications.
- A Lowborn or dwarf character can take any class.
In addition, this setting uses the Honor rules variant in The Dungeon Master’s Guide, but starting honor is dependent on race:
- Humans, half-elves, half-orcs, and halflings start with an Honor score of 8.
- Tieflings and dragonborn start with an Honor score of 10.
- Gnome and dwarf characters start with an Honor score of 12.
- Lowborn characters start with an Honor score of 14.
- However, any gnome, dwarf, or Lowborn characters of the barbarian, druid, sorcerer, or warlock classes start with an Honor score of 10.